Available in both full and half-day sessions, My Pico Adventure Camp gets even the youngest Trekkers building key skills and exploring the mountain.
An innovative combination of inside skill building, and outside exploration, your Trekker will come away from the session having explored the wonders of the outside environment, learned about his or her equipment, on snow safety and appropriate skiing or riding skills.
Your child will be a member of a team consisting of other Trekkers of like ambition and ability. Skiers and riders may be mixed to prevent isolation, but coaching for both disciplines will be provided on snow.
The Den is our own exclusive meeting space with room for snacks, an inside obstacle course, a kid specific rental shop and plenty of room for productive play before heading out on the snow. Once out on the hill, the focus is on fun, with skill building blended in. If your kids don’t sleep in the car, then we haven’t met our goals.
- Meets inside at the Trekkers Den located in Pico Building D, across from the main base lodge.
- If equipment is needed, it will be fitted by staff inside the Trekkers Den.
- Full-day Camp:
- 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Includes lift ticket, lesson and homemade lunch. The Trekker Den is a nut free zone- please leave all nut porducts at home.
- Morning Camp:
- 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
- Includes lift ticket, lesson and snack
- Afternoon Camp:
- Drop off begins at 12:30 and pick up is at 3:00 p.m. Please do not check in early.
- Includes lift ticket, lesson and snack.
- Please ensure your child has eaten lunch.
- Midweek afternoon lessons are by reservation only. Please book before 12:00 p.m. on the day of your lesson.
- Trekkers Adventure Camp is available Thursday through Monday and daily during peak periods, December 24, 2015 through January 3, 2016, January 16-18, 2016 and February 13-21, 2016.
- Please be sure your child has wool socks and waterproof snow pants, jacket and gloves, along with a warm under-layer.
- Reservations are recommended, please call 866-233-1195.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
Please read important information below about your child’s Snow Sports lesson at Killington Resort and Pico Mountain.
- Advanced reservations are required.
- If your child’s equipment malfunctions, Killington Resort and Pico Mountain staff may select and sign for rentals from our rental shop.
- In the event of your child’s injury or medical emergency, Killington Resort and Pico Mountain staff may contact medical personnel and/or arrange transportation to a medical facility. In case of emergency, we will attempt to reach the emergency contact provided at the time the lesson was purchased.
- Killington Resort and Pico Mountain staff may supervise transport of your child by van and public bus to other locations within the resorts.
- Your child will not always ride ski lifts with an instructor, or an adult, and may ride alone, or with another child or children. If you want your child to always ride with an instructor, you must arrange for a one-to-one private lesson.
- Your child (ages 17 years and younger) is required to wear a properly fastened snow sports helmet when participating in a ski and snowboard lesson.