Effective date: July 12, 2007
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we've provided this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we've made it available on our homepage and we will update it immediately if our policies change.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to information you supply to Pico Mountain. The information may be provided via the Resort's websites or at various other locations including points of sale at the Resort. The types of personal information collected may include but are not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit/Debit Card Information
On some webpages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient's address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
- Phone Number
The Way We Use Information
- We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- We may offer gift-cards on which you can add a personalization. Information you provide to us to create a gift-card is only used for that purpose, and it is only disclosed to the person receiving the gift.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- You can register on our website if you would like to receive marketing collateral as well as updates regarding resort events, news, snow conditions or terrain park information. Information you submit on other pages of our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.
- We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose personally identifiable information.
- Finally, Pico Mountain will never use, sell, rent or share the personally identifiable information provided to us to any third party for any reason, except for in certain special cases in which we may disclose your personally identifiable information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with Pico Mountain's rights, property or operations, other Pico Mountain's site users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case, administrative investigation or investigation conducted by Pico Mountain. We shall have no obligation to inform you of our compliance with the law, including without limitation a response to a law enforcement request or a valid subpoena.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information on our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can request information about all your personally identifiable information that we maintain by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a written request that credibly shows the error.
How To Contact Us