The Vermont Antique Ski Race
The 12th Annual Vermont Antique Ski Race comes to Pico Mountain! Bring your best old school gear and vintage outfits, because we'll be hitting the slopes the old-fashioned way. Proceeds to benefit the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum.
Sat Mar 14
It’s time to dust off the old woodies standing tall in your attic for the 12th Annual Vermont Antique Ski Race. In the spirit of a long standing skiing and racing tradition, Pico will host this signature event along with the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum on Saturday March 14, 2015. With Pico Mountain’s rich racing traditions that go back to 1937 when Brad and Janet Mead started Pico, and their daughter, skiing prodigy and two-time Olympic Gold Medalist Andrea, it’s most fitting that they are playing host to the event’s 11th Anniversary to benefit The Vermont Ski Museum.
Since its 2004 inaugural year, the event has been a homecoming of sorts for many Vermont-based ex-Olympians and U.S. Ski Team members including Marilyn Cochran, Bobby Cochran, Suzy Chafee, Rick Chafee, Cece Teague and others, such as 1984 Olympic Downhill Gold Medalist Bill Johnson. For years, event participants have enjoyed racing against these old pros (and sometimes winning) as everyone racing must ski on skis from days gone by.
- Individual and Team prizes
- In keeping with the historical motif of the day, many of the racers don period ski clothing and awards are also presented for best vintage attire.
- Registration includes lunch and gifts
- Race registration is from 7:30-10:00 a.m.
- Race starts at 11:00 a.m. and will be followed by awards at 3:00 p.m.
On-site registration will be available at Pico Base Lodge.
|Registration with 1-day lift ticket||$49|
Race fee includes admission, lunch, commemorative Vermont Antique Ski Race Pin and Pico Pin. $20 from each registration will benefit the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum.
- The Woodies: Wooden skis from 1930’s up to the early 1960’s
- Metal/Fiberglass: From the early 1950’s up to 1975
- Straight Skis: More common ski prior to the new modern parabolic skis
- Strictly Vintage: Antique skis, boots, bindings and poles as well
World Cup Supply // Snow East Magazine // The Point Independent Radio // Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum // Long Trail Brewing // Dodge Ski Boots